Bozhidar Avramov won over Kiril Raykov in the finals and together with SBTech’s team cheered with the cup at the Holiday Heroes’ charity contest
On April 23rd, 2017 (Sunday) Triaditza Hall hosted a large charity basketball tournament among companies in support of Holiday Heroes. The event was organized together with Vivacom National Basketball League and the Bulgarian Basketball Society. 12 teams representing socially responsible companies took part in the amateur tournament and played in the 3×3 contest format.
Professional basketball players became coaches and mentors of the participating teams guiding them throughout the day.
Bozhidar Avramov from BC Lukoil Academic was mentoring SBTech who won the championship cup. In the finals they eliminated the LIDL team led by Kiril Raykov from BC Levski. PPD team was ranked third mentored by the senior coach of BC Levski Manuel Markov. All of them received special presents from Vivacom and gift sets STR8. Below is the final ranking in the tournament:
- Vivacom, mentored by Stanislav Tzonkov from BC Cherno More Ticha
- Fadata, mentored by Alexander Gruev from BC Spartak Pleven
- Devision, mentored by Pavel Ivanov from BC Levski
- Gas stations EKO, mentored by Vasil Mihaylov from BC Academic Bultex 99
- Bayer, mentored by Ventsislav Petkov from BC Yambol
- HPE, mentored by Ivko Ivkov from BC Balkan
- Visteon, mentored by Pavlin Ivanov from BC Lukoil Academic
- Endava, mentored by Zlatin Georgiev from BC Rilski Sprtist
- Holiday Heroes, mentored by Danail Milev from the Bulgarian Basketball Society
All mentors supported completely pro bono Holiday Heroes’ cause. To make the contest a genuine sporting feast Pepsi, Balkan Laktima, and Boliarka provided fresh drinks, and foodpanda treated all mentors and contestants with a delicious lunch. BGN 7,700 were raised from participation fees which Holiday Heroes invested to buy food for thousands of needy families for Easter 2017.